Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Good Morning, Mommy!

Somewhere between 7 and 9am, I am yanked from my dreams with a jolt. No, it is not an alarm clock, but rather a scream. Well this morning it almost sounded more like a bark, but that is neither here nor there. This is the sound of a hungry (and wet) little girl. I roll out of bed, walk a few feet, realize I cannot see an inch in front of me, turn around, put on my glasses, make up a bottle, and open up her door. The routine usually takes under 5 minutes, but with the sound of her whining in the background if feels like more. As I turn on the light and approach the bed, I expect to hear more of the same. But wait! A new phenomena. Instead, I see a total pause in the action, followed by huge smiles. Ahh...perfection. The greatest feeling in the world. Our very serious girl can smile, and her first smile of the day comes just by seeing my face.

She got some additional smiling practice in today. She looked like a clown who would smile, then unsmile, smile, then unsmile (photo on right). What did she find so amusing, you might ask? I haven't a clue. But the truth is, I will take what I can get!

2 comments:

KelC2KelJ said...

What a sweet baby girl. She just keeps getting cuter! Just when you think it can't happen, it does!

Nicole and Sanjay said...

Can you believe how fast they are growing? I can't believe it. Pax is already pretty much grown out of his newborn clothes. I know what you mean when you see your baby smile you seem to forget how tired you are!