Monday, August 25, 2008

... and baby makes three

On August 14th, we welcomed Madeline Rachel into our family. She not only has been blessed with beauty, but also a good personality. It is hard not to fall in love at first sight.

As labors go, I am told I had a relatively easy one. My water broke at 7 PM, and Madeline was born at 4:49AM after only about 45 minutes of pushing. If you ask me, they call it "labor" for a reason. I had spent too much time worrying about the epidural and should have worried about the baby crowning... ouch! But it was all worth it to be able to spend time with baby Maddy.

Alex couldn't be more thrilled with fatherhood and has dazzled me with his ability to calm her when she is crying. The doctor that made the movie "The Happiest Baby on the Block" is a genius!

We continue to be grateful for Maddy's weight gain and sleeping.

3 comments:

KelC2KelJ said...

I am the first to comment! Yay! Madeline is just absolutely gorgeous. So glad you are doing so well! I miss you! Slide and divide just won't be the same...

Nicole and Sanjay said...

What a beauty you guys created! I am so happy to hear you had a good labor; you deserve that after that first trimester! CONGRATULATIONS to you both! We are so excited for you!

denise said...

Hooray that you have a blog! Madeline is GORGEOUS!!! It was so nice running into you at Bravo:) Can't wait to see more of your little cutie pie.