Dr. Hertzer is becoming my new best friend! Madeline still wasn't feeling well last night, as evidenced by her final (I hope) vomiting experience at 4:30 am. Alex had to get up and rock her to sleep because I was just beside myself that this was still going on. She screamed her head off for about three minutes, and then abruptly stopped as she fell asleep. We had her sleep the rest of the night in our room on the vibrating chair, just in case she decided to vomit again. I have been a bit anxious ever since I had to save her the other day. When she woke up again at 8 am, she was all smiles and giggles. I was conflicted because Dr. Hertzer asked me to follow up on Monday if she was still ill. In the end, I decided to fork over the $20 co-pay for piece of mind and especially because her fever had a tendency of disapearing in the morning and then arriving again in the afternoon.
We walk into the office and as I am paying the co-pay a little boy about three years old comes up and starts getting in her face. She was laughing so hard and his mom remarked at how cute she was. I warned her about how Maddy was sick, but she didn't seem overly alarmed. She certainly didn't look sick. Then we went into the office and I asked them to weigh her. If you could see what has come out of her this week, you would know why! She had gained five ounces in five days, which the doctor said was perfect. I truly couldn't believe it, but it did offer a sense of relief. While we were in the room, the doctor got to see everything I have been complaining about. She spit up so much that she ripped the paper on the examining table to shreds. She drooled everywhere. I think it gave the doctor a fuller picture of her acid reflux. Maddy couldn't have been cuter with the doctor and in the end, we agreed to hold off on further testing until she showed signs of illness again. Throughout the day, she was pretty much better. She spent the day at my mom's house and we took turns running errands while the other person watched her. I decided she was well enough to finally see my grandma after a whole week and I made dinner for the whole family. I made fish tacos, spanish rice, and brocoli slaw. Everyone enjoyed the dinner and seeing the baby again since she has basically been quarantened (and so was I--thank goodness Alex is back!).
As a side note, does anyone else's kid enjoy watching TV? My child is obesessed to the point where I have to turn it off because she will turn her head away from me while I am feeding her if it is on. And I watch a lot of trashy TV. I think she might really understand it. She studies things like her father and if she is even half as smart, she probably understands it better than I do! So, I will try to either keep the TV off or watch something a bit more highbrow than Beverly Hills 90210 (The original, of course--what do you take me for, you know I am old school all the way). It is PBS and the History Channel for us!
Goals, Goals, Goals!
12 years ago



1 comment:
I sure hope that little Maddie continue to feel better! It's so frustrating when you can't pinpoint what the trouble is. Hopefully she's on the upswing now:) And speaking of 90210, I'm searching for the new one right now. I can't find it and I'm pretty sure it should be on right now! Love trashy tv!
Post a Comment