Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sitting...Standing...Sassing

Miss Madeline went from hardly assisted sitter to independent sitter in the course of a week.  She can sit for about 20-30 mins without toppling over if she chooses.  Sometimes, she just likes to fall over so she can lie on her tummy.  Ah, tummy time!  I remember the days when she wouldn't be on her tummy for 30 seconds without screaming, and now...well you get the point.

I tried her out on furniture standing.  She loves to stand on our laps and with us holding her, so I thought, 'I wonder if she can stand holding on to furniture?'  And guess what, she can!  She even took one sideways step before becoming over-confident and letting go a bit too soon!  

Ok so here was how my day started today.  My kid made her first joke at my expense...the first of many I assume.  But I don't mind, I laughed my head off.  She woke up at 6:15am, which if you know anything about me, I do not approve of a minute before 7am, but I digress.  She said "mama" for the first time in her crib, over and over and over.  I am such a sucker (and it was just so cute to hear her say my name for the first time) so I entered her room, bottle in hand at 6:30am.  I burst through the door and said, "did someone call for Mama?".  She looks up at me, huge smile and says, "Dada!" and then proceeds to laugh and laugh.  I was so hysterical I scared Alex in the bathroom to tell him about it!

I love her!

No comments: